This event took place on Wednesday, May 17th at 2 pm EDT / 11 am PDT.
WATCH NOW: MemoryFox’s Danielle Miano hosts Camp Ao-Wa-Kiya’s program manager Troy Holstead to discuss his success and experience using storytelling to drive growth in camp attendance at their organization. Learn how you can set up a MemoryFox account for camp this summer and collect stories to be used year-round!
Camp Ao-Wa-Kiya was able to create:
- 16 MemoryFox campaigns to document & capture experiences from campers
- Gamification of photo & video sharing – memories for campers and promotional materials for the camp
- 1,100+ pieces of content collected for website, social media, in-camp community engagement, and newsletter
In this discussion Danielle and Troy will deep dive into:
- The camp’s process for aligning MemoryFox campaigns with different programs
- How the camp strategically got participation – and made it fun!
- What challenges the camp was facing around getting content to share of their community’s experience at camp and how MemoryFox helped
- How content collection and storytelling has directly led to growth
About Our Guest: Troy Holstead is the lead program manager at Camp Ao-Wa-Kiya. He helps facilitate all of the different offerings and is responsible for ensuring the success of each program. Troy had a vision for using MemoryFox in 2022 as a way to make picture & video sharing fun for visitors as well as a keepsake of all the treasured memories created each year. He takes great pride in creating a memorable experience for all those that come through their beautiful space, so having an archive of this journey is so valuable!
About Camp Ao-Wa-Kiya: Camp Ao-Wa-Kiya is a Christian youth camp and retreat center for all ages. Located in Shelby, Michigan and in beautiful Oceana County. Camp prides itself in many exciting youth and children’s camps, adult retreats and group rentals.