Are you struggling to reach Millennial and Gen-Z donors with your nonprofit videos? Don’t worry, MemoryFox has got you covered! With the following 8 fun and easy-to-follow tips, you can create videos that not only resonate with younger donors, but also appeal to your next generation of supporters.
- Keep it Short and Sweet – Did you know 80% of Millennials and Gen Z get their information from short-form videos? Let’s be honest, attention spans are shorter than ever these days, so keep your videos under two minutes in length. Get your message across quickly and succinctly, so viewers don’t lose interest.
- Catch Their Eye – Millennials and Gen-Zers are used to consuming information visually, so make sure your videos are visually appealing. Use high-quality images, animations, and graphics to grab their attention.
- Tell a Story – Millennials and Gen-Zers are very socially conscious and want to feel connected to the causes they support. Create videos that tell a story and connect with their values and beliefs.
- Keep it Authentic – Use real people and real stories in your videos. Avoid using actors or scripted dialogue, and instead create videos that feel personal and authentic.
- Meet Them Where They Are – Use social media platforms, like Instagram and TikTok, to create short, informal videos that feel like they were created by a friend, rather than an organization.
- Make it Easy to Take Action – Include clear calls to action and provide easy ways to donate or get involved. Leverage technology like QR codes and mobile payment platforms to make it easy for viewers to take action right from their phones.
- Use Trending Audio – Create engaging videos for younger audiences is by using trending audio. Keep an eye on popular trends on social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram, and incorporate popular music or sound effects into your videos. This will help your videos feel more current and relatable to younger viewers.
- Use Hashtag Strategy – Hashtags are a powerful tool for reaching a wider audience on social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram. Use relevant hashtags in your video captions and social media posts to increase the visibility of your videos and reach younger donors who may be interested in your cause. Make sure to research popular hashtags in your niche and use them consistently to increase engagement and grow your following.
Finally, don’t be afraid to have a little fun with your videos. Use humor and creativity to grab the attention of younger viewers and make your videos stand out.
By following these tips, you can create nonprofit videos that will resonate with Millennial and Gen-Z donors and inspire them to take action. So go ahead and give it a try – who knows, your next video could go viral!
About the Author
Community Manager, MemoryFox
Celine has storytelling in her bones. A theater major, she is well-versed in the power of words and emotion. She is extremely dedicated to the WNY Region economic and job development, giving others the opportunity to pursue their passion and develop through the arts.