2023 Nonprofit Holidays You Don’t Want To Miss
Happy January! Or, as we are calling it here at MemoryFox – PLANuary!
As nonprofit marketers, fundraisers and communications managers, we know you have a lot on your plate as the year commences. Let us help you create your content plan with this list of 2023 nonprofit holidays you don’t want to miss!
Notable days for ALL nonprofit organizations to commemorate:
- Random Acts of Kindness Day – February 17
- International Day of Happiness – March 20
- National Nonprofit Day – August 17
- International Day of Charity – September 5
- National Do Something Nice Day – October 5
- National Make a Difference Day – October 28
- World Kindness Day – November 13
- Giving Tuesday – November 28
- International Volunteer Day – December 5
Plus, don’t forget the United States Federal Holidays:
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – January 16
- Presidents Day – February 20
- Memorial Day – May 29
- Juneteenth – June 19
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – September 4
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day / Columbus Day – October 9
- Veterans Day – November 11
- Thanksgiving Day – November 23
- Christmas Day – December 25
And here’s some just for fun! Consider engaging your social media followers with these fun days of celebration:
- National Trivia Day – January 4
- Groundhog Day – February 2
- Superbowl Sunday – February 12
FOX TIP: A well-known sporting event, like the Superbowl, is a great way to connect your followers directly to your staff. Ask your staff to choose who they are cheering for by submitting videos or photos to MemoryFox, and create a fun video for your social channels. Then, ask your followers to join in on the fun in the comments!
- Valentine’s Day – February 14
- Employee Appreciation Day – March 3
- Pi Day – March 14
- National Pet Day – April 11
- Pretzel Day – April 26
- Star Wars Day (May the Fourth Be With You) – May 4
- World Social Media Day – June 30
- World Emoji Day – July 17 (Might we suggest the 🦊 emoji??)
- National Friendship Day – August 6
- Tell a Joke Day – August 16
- National Coffee Day – September 29
FOX TIP: Celebrating a day centered around a food or drink is a great way to engage with your social media followers! For National Coffee Day, set up a poll on your Twitter and Instagram Story to see which coffee chain or local shop is the crowd favorite.
There you have it! While planning your 2023 content, don’t miss this list of essential nonprofit holidays, federal holidays and be sure to schedule some “just for fun” content.
But wait, there’s more! Are you looking for nonprofit holidays specific to your mission? Stayed tuned for PART 2 where we explore “Mission-related Nonprofit Holidays for 2023”.
Want to save this info for later? Get this article as a pdf, here: